Friday, May 23, 2008

please remember them, for keeping this country what it is

Over the coming three day weekend, please remember those men and women who have given everything they had in the cause of making this country what it is.

For those of you who make your indignation known at the current administration, remember who gave you that ability, and the privelege of living in a country where you are free to do so.

Too many people take for granted their ability to protest and criticize, and go, and do, and strive to make their lives the best they can, and don't comprehend the sacrifices many have made because they know how precious that gift is. Freedom is a prize worth fighting for when circumstances demand it, and they do, more often than people would like to think.

Over the years I have made my positions on many issues known through my little rest stop on the information highway. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. In fact, I'd be surprised if anyone agreed with everything I said. I don't know that the world is ready for more than one of me, or would want it even if it was. I know this though. I have fought for your ability to disagree, even vehemently. If I had to do it all over again, I'd again choose to fight that fight.

This weekend, I remember those who gave up far more than I did in that fight. I hope you join me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

I spent at least 30 mins late yesterday afternoon explaining what "Memorial Day" really means to my nephews, who both think it's just another reason not to go to school.

Don't know if they truly understood but I'm hoping they did.

Thanks for all you did while your served our country, J. I appreciate you very much.

shere

7:50 AM  
Blogger Lynsey said...

Yes thank you so much for serving our country, and I will of course pay special attention to what this weekend really means to us.
God bless and have a wonderful Memorial Day.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home