Tuesday, November 04, 2008

get out there and vote

From someone who's far more a fan of the process than the outcome, please, if you haven't already, stop reading this, get off your butt and go vote.

Be a part of the decision of who runs this country. Even if, like me, you feel like you're doing it on principle, because you don't think your candidate will win, go be part of the process. I don't like being part of the minority, but I recognize it, and know it's part of what makes this place I live what it is, and I love and respect that. I'd much rather lose an election than lose what this country stands for. The upside for me, whether he wins or loses, Obama's face won't be in mine near as much as it has been for the last month.

So whether you agree or disagree with me, please go make your voice heard.

I'm John of the Lumberyard, and I improved this message. It'll probably be the last message I improve for about 4 years.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

I voted. It's such a powerful, liberating feeling to go in and vote, even if our candidate does not win.
But, I'm praying like hell that he does.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home