Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I don't know what to say, so why am I blogging?

The perennial question. Why do I blog? (just for you Jason)

I spent the majority of last night channel surfing. Well, the majority after I was informed that today is my son's best friend's birthday and he invited the youngster to go to dinner with him and his family and we had to run out and get a present pronto. Most of the surf time was spent on news stations looking at the devastation left behind by Katrina and the waves, and some of the idiot reporters getting blown to hell and back telling everyone else not to go where they are. Well, no shit! I may have been dumb enough to give blood while recovering from a cold, but at least I'm not standing in 100+ mile an hour winds showing you the hole a piece of wood just put in my vehicle window. Dude. Flying things are shattering your truck window. Imagine what will happen if any part of your body is in the path of the next flying thing. The line between bravery and stupidity is thin, but not that thin.

Beyond that, the storm and footage left me speechless. It will be so very long before those people live normal lives again. I don't know that it can even be measured in months. The CNN guy kept asking reporters on the scene if they had a grasp of how big the tragedy is, and he kept getting the same answer. There's no way anyone has that grasp yet. Made me wonder if he kept asking just to make the point.

While surfing, I ran across some woman named Nancy Grace, apparently an ex-D.A from Atlanta, rehashing the disappearance of the girl in Aruba and several other topics. I think it was Court TV or Fox News. I'm not sure. I only watched for a few minutes, but I don't know that I have ever seen a more rude T.V. host. I don't know why anyone would ever agree to be on her show. She asks questions and when the person starts their answer, she interrupts. They never get a chance to finish a sentence, let alone say whatever it is they had to say. She just sorta pissed me off, but she was just a minor sideshow to the rest of what I saw.

The Red Cross is going to need a lot of help...helping people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home