Friday, August 05, 2005

welcome lurkers

I think this falls under what Jason would call 'Blogging about Blogging' in his pet peeves, and for that I apologize. Note however, it didn't stop me from continuing on.

I got the site-meter thing a while ago to see how many people actually look at this place, but never really poked around in it. I still haven't, except to see that people do actually come here on occasion. That was the surprising thing. People actually do drop by. They aren't flocking in droves or anything, but some folks are here on occasion, but not many seem to comment on what they read. At first I thought that must mean they probably read what I say, but don't agree with it, and don't want to say anything if they can't say anything nice. Then I went to the Jaguars message board and realized this is the internet. In a world where assholes can remain anonymous, they do and they thrive, and they enjoy saying things when they don't have to be nice. Not to imply that you people are assholes. I'm just saying people on the internet usually don't refrain from comment just to be nice. If I truly inspire that kind of restraint, I need to figure out how I'm doing it and sell it, because there are a lot of message board webmasters who would pay dearly. That blew that theory. That leaves me with this.

You people aren't here for the articles, are you? 'Babe a Day' is doing exactly what she was intended to do. I can't say I noticed, but Wednesday's babe must've been hot.

7 Comments:

Blogger John said...

no, once you coment, either naughty or nice, your lurker status is revoked...but you're welcome all the same

8:48 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm not here for the babe-of-the-day. I'm not a regular lurker. Right now you're on what I call "the hotspot"; I got here from the "next blog" button. What a great post to have up while you're on the hotspot! I don't know what kind of info you get with sitemeter, but on statcounter I can always tell I'm on it from the random "came from" url's.

I get most of my comments from people I sortof "know"... mystical internet friends. but what goes around, comes around; if you want more, leave more.

9:35 PM  
Blogger John said...

If the masses start seeking my advice, the masses are in a world of hurt. :) Seriously though, I don't ask that everyone agree with me. I just hope if they don't, they consider what I say somewhat intelligent, and it gives them reason to think. If after that, they still disagree, that's OK.

When I put babe-a-day out there, I offered to point anyone interested to the 'equal time' hunk-a-day html that they could put in their page. I had no takers and I'm sorry, hunk-a-day just ain't me, so it's not showing up here. Babe-a day seems to be serving me well though. If you build it...

8:25 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

It's a great idea, but I'm not sure the "hunk-of-a-day" would work out for my site. Most of my visitors lust after ballplayers, not beefcake. but it would probably be widely appreciated if you could put just a link to it under your pic of "babe-of-the-day". Then you could be like Greg Easterbrook and pretend you are giving equal time to beefcake, while not actually displaying the photos on your site.

11:59 AM  
Blogger John said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:53 PM  
Blogger John said...

If you take the link from the bottom of the thought for the day, you'll end up at coolpick.com, originator of babe-a-day, hunk-a-day and a wealth of other services which exist for no other purpose but to enrich all our lives.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I swear, John, I don't always write about dying animals. And if you had to read that pissing contest between me & my sister Bonnie, I apologize.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home