Friday, September 23, 2005

The Greatest Game Ever Played

The Disney movie comes out in theaters at the end of the month, but I guess because it has a golf theme, we got a bunch of tickets at work to a preview show. I initially ignored the offer, thinking nobody at home would be all that interested. I mean, it's a golf movie. Then one day the youngster came home from school asking if I'd heard of it, and if we could go when it comes out, so I went back to work in search of tickets.

We went last night. The story is about Francis Ouimet winning the 1913 U.S. Open, and golf aside, the plot is pretty good. There's a lot in there about working yourself up from a poor family to greatness, and overcoming terrible odds, and a shot to the jaw (literally at one point) of upper class people who have everything handed to them and expect that somehow that makes them better than the rest of the world. And of course, the underdog kicks ass, and that always works for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

I think I'll take William to see it. We saw previews of it this summer when we saw Herbie: Fully Loaded.

I guess as the Aunt of a one-day-soon-sports-fanatic...it's my duty.

:)

have a great weekend, J

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home