Monday, September 19, 2005

hire that man

The Houston Texans fired offensive coordinator Chris Palmer. The Jaguars have Carl Smith, but had Chris Palmer in the glory days (if they could be called that) when we ran the table inn 1999 with the exception of the Tennessee Titans, who stomped all over us and went to the Super Bowl. Then he got hired away to be the head coach of the Browns, and granted, sucked in that position. Then Houston hired him when they got the Texans, probably because he and Dom Capers worked together here. Since they'r not doing well offensively this year, I guess he's the sacrificial lamb. I will grant you his track record hasn't been stellar of late. Fired from the head coaching job at Cleveland. Fired as the Offensive Coordinator in Houston. Still, the guy worked magic here before. Maybe he can't be the O.C., since that job is sorta occupied, but couldn't they find a place for him? Quarterbacks coach or something? I know it's not my money I'm spending thinking we should hire another coach, but I think this guy could make a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home