Friday, September 16, 2005

welcome to primadonna-land

Well, he made it, as an alternate, which from what I could gather was the best he could have done. They have 12 kids, and 12 is all you can play in a game, so he can practice with the advanced ball team and play if one of them can't make a game. All in all, not bad for a kid who, two years ago, couldn't throw a baseball 10 yards but pass and shoot fairly well in soccer.

I still don't know if he really earned it or it was given to him, because truth be told, he didn't play well tonight. In the end, whatever. He's happy and he'll get more practice, which can only make him better.

I will say this. I saw more primadonna tempers out there than I ever saw in a regular little league team. I couldn't believe it when a kid got all upset because the coach wanted him in the outfield...like he was too good to play out there. Someone needs to be taken down a peg or three, but nothing was said. I guess that's where it starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home