Tuesday, September 13, 2005

spectator sports

I bring this up because it just hit me, while eating lunch.

I love to play golf, but I'm not much on watching it on T.V. Oh I will on occasion, but I don't make a point of watching it like I would a Jaguars game. When the Tour comes to town for the Players Championship, I'll go for one of the practice round days, and one real day. The practice round day is mostly an exercise in autograph hunting for the youngster, and has little to do with watching anyone play though.

My son loves to play baseball, but he's not much on watching it on TV. If we go watch the AA team play in town, he's Mr. Short Attention Span. He'll watch a little of the game, but then he's goofing off with his friends or wanting to visit the souvenier shop. Last year's World Series on T.V., no interest at all.

I wonder what it is about us, that we love playing some sports but not watching them, and others we love to watch but not play. Maybe we'd like to play them all, but watch the ones we're not good enough at to play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home