Monday, April 17, 2006

let the apologies begin

...and please allow me to join in the fun and apologize up front for this whole post (especially the crack at the end), which will be politically incorrect.

As much as I'm not a Tiger Woods fan, I gotta side with the guy on this one....sorta. Tiger's agent apologized to the world for remarks made in an interview at the Masters. Note, though, that in typical Tiger fashion, Tiger didn't apologize, himself. His agent did. That isn't the issue though. That's just my little dig. I'm also fully aware that when Tiger reads this (and I'm sure he will, because he reads me daily) he will shake his head and say, "Please John, don't help me." I know, I know, Tiger, but I'm just spazzin' over the whole incident.

Tiger, in an interview, called himself a 'spaz' around the greens (because as he said, his putting was atrocious), and therefore offended someone, or offended someone who thought some portion of the world's population could be, or should be offended. Oh please! Am I the only one that thinks this is carrying politically correct speech just a bit far? Do people have nothing better to do with themselves? Have we gone so far as to look for reasons to get offended? Whoever out there is offended, or thinks someone else might be, or should be offended, please get a life. Shake it off....literally!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home