Wednesday, August 02, 2006

all I want is..well, all I want

The wife has been asking when she gets to drive the rolling video game. I haven't made any conscious decisions that would preclude that possibility, but haven't made getting her behind the wheel a priority either, until last night....and that was just because it fit into my plans. I wanted to go to the mall, to a store I knew specialized in Jaguar stuff, in search of the license plate frame I was unsuccesful in finding at lunch yesterday.

All I want is a metal frame, with Jacksonville across the top and Jaguars across the bottom, that fits around my car tag. I've seen them before for lots of teams. I want one with mine.

So, I talked her into chauffering me to the mall, thus getting past that "When do I get to drive it?" thing and hit the store. Yes, this one actually exists and hasn't been supplanted by an adult toy store. They have Jaguars on just about anything you can imagine, and stuff from other teams as well. I found the car tag frames and...Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, and a few others, all metal, all exactly what I want until I get to the Jaguars one. Plastic, ands it says, Jacksonville....Big Cat City.

Plastic...cheesey plastic and "Big Cat City." What's up with that? Why can't it say "Jaguars?" I kept looking and found a metal one but again..."Big Cat City," so I left...without what I want.

I got home and scoured the net, thinking someone has to have what I want. I checked e-bay, and every sports store known to Google. I came close with some package of a bunch of stuff that included a frame, but it looked plastic and I didn't want all the baggage that went with it. At one store I saw where they had what I want for every team except the Jaguars, with a little asterisked thing saying there are licensing issues with the Jaguars. Gotta wonder why that is. What marketing genius found a way to not make money on the team name?

So I'm guessing I'm not going to get what I want. Not that big a deal. It certainly isn't the first time. I guess I'll just take the frame off that advertises a car dealership, and let my plate go naked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home