Monday, July 24, 2006

You, Me and Steely Dan

Steely Dan has to be one of my favorite 70's bands, even after most of the members left and they were more two guys than a band. Can't Buy a Thrill, Countdown to Ecstasy and Pretzel Logic are three of my favorite old albums.

So I'm kind-of shaking my head at this. Apparently Don and Walt are peeved because someone allegedly stole a character they created for a song and made a movie out of him. The movie is You, Me and Dupree, and supposedly they created the Dupree character, and feel like they've been dissed.

Maybe they have and maybe they haven't, but that letter in the link is not the way to handle it. Somewhere out there is a high road, and this ain't it. I haven't seen the movie, but I have seen the previews. In six months they'll be selling it in the discount DVD rack at Walmart. This is nothing to get bent outa shape for. You want to make yourselves look like spoiled has-beens? You got it. I always thought of these guys as being above that sort of thing. So much for my delusions.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

That letter read like, ya know, a like, complete and utter like joke, ya know what am sayin?

8:55 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

perhaps I should have left out the punctuation

8:56 AM  
Blogger JessieE said...

i'm pretty sure it IS a joke, tongue-in-cheek as it may be, Johnny. I also am a HUGE Steely Dan fan!!!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home