Friday, February 16, 2007

it's starting to look more real

Two weeks ago I blogged about my decision to ride in the MS150, a bicycle ride from Saint Augustine to Daytona on a Saturday in September, and back to Saint Augustine the next day, 75 miles each way. At the time it was all pretty esoteric. I went to a meeting, signed a form, and walked out...like I could wake up and think it was all a dream.

It wasn't, and I know that, and I'm starting to get myself prepared, because right now I'm so unprepared it isn't funny. Come September, I'll be ready though. I assure you all of that.

In the meantime, little pieces of reality hitting have appeared. There's a place in cyberspace that designated me as part of a team, and I have my own page, which apparently I'm allowed to edit. I haven't figured out how yet, but I will. That page gives anyone the ability to pledge in my name. Once it looks like I want it to, I'll give interested parties the address. I've also made a reservation in Daytona in the host hotel for the 29th of September for me, the wife and youngster, expecting that they will drive down to meet me there, so there's an actual credit card commitment involved. The ball is now rolling.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home