Thursday, May 17, 2007

American Idol flashback

Last week, just before the relatives arrived, I went to the gym and exercised my way through yet another episode of American Idol...the first, thankfully, that I had seen since they were still weeding out people for the current season of contestants. They were singing Bee Gees songs...so not only was it American Idol, but it was American Idol stuck on disco...a personal hell for me that even Radio Disney can't touch. So, now my question for those of you that follow the show is...

Who the hell is 'one trick pony' sweater vest guy, and how'd he get this far in the competition? He flat out sucks! Maybe it's that I don't think that beat-box crap is anything more than that...crap, and he insists on inserting it in everything he sings. Please, tell me it isn't that you can't get enough of that. I heard enough as soon as he started and asked someone in the gym, "What the hell is that?" They explained, "That's what he does." OK then, let him do it in the privacy of his shower. It could be that, or maybe it was something else I didn't like. Maybe it's that he can't sing either. Maybe it's that he has the stage presence of Mr. Rogers. Whatever it is...who keeps this guy on the show? According to Yahoo news (which is where I found out that crap has a label...beat-boxing...huh), he's one of the last two standing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home