Wednesday, May 16, 2007

getting back to real life

I hate getting out of a routine, especially when it comes to working out. I am not, by nature, a workout maniac. It doesn't come all that easy for me. So when I disturb the routine, it gets harder to jump back in. I went to the gym Tuesday night before my brother showed up and then blew it off until two days ago...after he left. I rationalized that we walked a lot at the tournament, so that was better than nothing....and it's true. I showed him and his wife pretty much the whole Stadium Course at Sawgrass, several times over. We did walk a lot, and it was better than nothing. It was no workout though. Jumping back in ain't easy, but I'm getting there.

Getting back to work...well, first there's the first day back after vacation shit....the backlog of e-mails, and stuff everybody left sitting "until John gets back." Then there's just that "out of it" feeling...like you're not quite finding the groove (though some may call it a rut) you were in before you left, and you're just trying to make it all fit again. Again, I'm getting there.

Eighth grade is just about over. Tonight is the graduation banquet and tomorrow is the actual ceremony. I think the youngster is going to squeak by...or at least I haven't heard anything to the contrary, and I would expect that I'd have been talked to by a teacher or principal by now if there was an issue. I'm sort-of waiting for the shoew to drop though...and kick us all in the ass. I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home