Monday, May 14, 2007

you're not so sweet (tales from The Players - part 1)

Real quick because I'm actually going to play golf...

The tournament was great. I took the youngster out Wednesday with some of his friends and loaded another pin flag with autographs. Again we followed Tiger for a while. This time we were there when he finished 18, in a sea of kids. He signed about five things as he walked by. The youngster got close but not close enough. The disappointed boy next to him yelled out as Tiger left, "You're not so sweet!"

Spending four days with my brother and his wife was great. We don't get to spend that kind of time together, and as I have documented before, he took a while to grow up. He had some drug and alcohol issues, and has gotten past them and become a great guy. It was just nice to hang with the person he's become.

If you watched the tournament, you saw Sean O'Hair go for the pin on 17 and melt down. I felt so bad for the kid. I admired the fact that he wasn't content to ride the tournament out in second place and tried to do something to shake things up. He paid dearly for taking his shot, and it's easy for me to say when it isn't my checkbook that's affected, but at least he had the balls to try.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home