Tuesday, January 08, 2008

bits and pieces

Holy Carp, a readership spike! I had more hits yesterday than maybe ever in Lumberyard history. I can't honestly say I've been keeping track. I guess that's what happens when ESPN puts a link to you on the New England Patriots clubhouse (of all places) page on their site. All that and not one jab in the comments from a smug Pats fan. I'll admit I'm pleasantly surprised. I have to wonder though...why not the Jaguars clubhouse page instead?

The Boston Herald is latching onto things Paul Spicer said about the Patriots cheating scandal and calling it bulletin board material. He made one little comment...ummmmm...in September. Is it just me, or does that qualify as a reach?

Roger Clemens wants to claim it was vitamin B12 in those injections others allege included steroids and/or HGH. I take vitamins. I haven't looked, but I'm betting I can find capsules with B12 in them at the grocery store. It's probably one of the ingredients in Centrum, or Stresstabs, or one of those other multi-vitamin things as well. Maybe it's just my aversion to needles, butt nobody's getting near my ass with a syringe to ensure I'm getting the recommended daily dose of B12. I'm not saying he's lying. I'm just saying there are far more painless ways to get your vitamins. I would have thought he'd be smart enough to know that.

THE Second Place University does it again. After last year's debacle in the desert, then the NCAA tournament in basketball, and now this year's National Championship game, should Ohio State be banned from National Championship play for...oh...say the next 5 years? You've had your shot. We're tired of seeing you. We'd like to spare you the embarrassment, for a little while anyway. Go away for 5 years minimum and let someone more competent give it a shot. Seriously though, you gotta kind of hand it to them, even in their futility. A hundred other schools would gladly jump in their shoes. They definitely earn their way in. It takes a lot to even get to those games, and most schools never even get a whiff of them. THE Second Place University whiffed 3 times in a little over a year. In baseball, they call that a strike out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home