Monday, June 23, 2008

holy shit, piss, cunt, fuck, cocksucker, motherfucker and tits

I'll apologize for the language, but I had to do it...in tribute.

George Carlin is dead at the ripe young age of 71. The author of the seven words you can never say on television (which I memorized as a teenager, said Capt. Obvious) is gone, and I'm slightly stunned. Mr. Carlin was responsible for a lot of laughs, many of them mine, and a lot of insight into our figures of speech and the humor to be found in them. He did hilarious things with words and phrases, and not all of them ones you can't say on TV. He also did a lot of controversial things, some of which I don't agree with, but still, I admire the spirit that took him to those places. The world will miss him....at least as much as it does Tim Russert.

Black armbands for all my friends....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home