Tuesday, June 17, 2008

creepy stalker paparazzi feel

I realize the tabloids have an audience and people want to know what celebrities are doing, but I saw this story on E's stuff on Yahoo and clicked on it. I was conceptually amazed.

This thing says two people are currently in the air on their private jet after vacationing in Mexico. I thought about what kind of resources would be necessary to know that. I can't imagine anyone really caring. Anyway, you have to have people tailing their every move, and it'd have to be more than one, because one could get lost or fooled. It'd have to be a team. They'd probably have to have their own private jet, too, because they have to hang with the first private jet, and finding a commercial airline that fits the bill would be too hard (though I have this vision of taking the aisle seat, and having someone from the Inquirer leaping into the window seat next to me, armed with binoculars, or one of those humongous lens cameras). This more than borders on creepy stalker stuff. It wallows in it.

I guess I'm naive. I thought, as author of the world renown and critically acclaimed Right in the Lumberyard blog, I had hit the pinnacle of celebrity-hood, myself. I thought my occasional paparazzi run ins were as bad as it gets for everybody. I guess real celebrity people put up with this crap constantly. As much as I may enjoy the money, that level of fame is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy....yeah, even Michael Moore.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

It's me, I chase them around the globe in my free time and report back to the tabloids.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home