Friday, June 06, 2008

summer golf, oh shit!

We have a great deal at work. In the summer when it stays light until about 8:30 or 9:00, we get to play 9 holes on a very nice course...for all of $5...up from $4 last year, but no, I'm not complaining. It's usually some kind of team format, like a scramble, which allows us to get through 9 holes after work.

Last night was the first of these events, and I participated. For the record, I wasn't all that pleased with my golf performance, but considering I haven't played since last year, it wasn't too bad. I played with three guys who are pretty good and the format was a scramble, so they carried us as a team and my performance was hidden in their better shots.

The highlight of the evening though...gator!

I was riding in the cart, on a cart path next to a lake on the right (ie. my side of the cart) when we went over a little hill. I wasn't looking up when I heard the guy with me, who was driving, yell "Oh SHIT!" We had just hit the crest if the hill. I looked up to see the open mouth of an alligator...about 8 feet long and maybe 10 yards in front of us, with us closing fast. I got a very up close and personal look.

Thank God gators are afraid of people in golf carts. It scurried into the lake and we watched it swim off. By the time he was in the water, he was behind me, and maybe 20 yards away. Got the adrenaline pumping though.....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

whoa, this was a scary post. I would've sh*t my pants for sure!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home