Monday, June 02, 2008

the Reign of Ellen

Several years ago I was being snarky about the romance of the couple who are now Mr. and Mrs Tom Cruise, and the creepiness of it all. In that endeavor, I came across a blog written by one Ellen from Arkansas. Ellen is a stay at home mom who does commercial art on the side. She's responsible for the little caricature of me that adorns my profile. She did those caricatures for dozens of people who frequented her blog. Ellen has a pretty cool and humorous view of the world and her family, but apparently something has happened which made her close up her corner of cyberspace to all but a select few. I'm sorry it has to be that way. There's a seedy side to this whole internet world that I wish wasn't there, but it is, and part of that reality is that I can't get to Ellen's little world anymore, since I'm not one of the select few.

So, if you're wondering why the link went away on the right, that's why. I can't get there, and neither can you...so it was pretty much useless....and that's a shame, but it is what it is. I can understand how thew creepy side of the internet can get to people, but if Ellen or Jason (her hubby) ever get back here...I miss you guys.

ps. Later found out it wasn't the creepy side of the internet that closed the Reign of Ellen. It was issues within her own life, but no less tragic. I hope she comes out of it all OK.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post. I enjoyed The Reign of Ellen and was sad to see her blog gone, and likewise wish her well.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home