Tuesday, May 27, 2008

the relapse

I so hate feeling like this.

I guess I have to 'fess up and say the wife was right. No it's not the first time and I know it's far from the last. NO, I shouldn't have gone bike riding last Wednesday. NO, I shouldn't push myself like that. Yes, my body needs a little time to recover after being sick or it's going to rebel...and so it did.

Either that, or it just gave me a day or two break between attacks...whatever.

Friday saw the cold/flu symptoms come back, mostly in a head cold version which I didn't have much of in the beginning of the week, but I did all weekend, and still do to some extent. I spent most of the weekend not doing much. With the youngster's help, we got some yard work done. We grilled burgers on Memorial Day. We socialized with the neighbors, and I did my best to not act like a sick party pooper. Other than that, I did a lot of resting.

I'm losing my patience with the whole sick thing, and so is the wife. On my account, I just want to be done with it and feel "normal" again, and be able to do things and not feel like shit. Her problem is...I try to be fairly self sufficient when I'm sick. I can make canned soup, and clean up after myself and sleep, and not make things worse. I'm not making them better either though. I'm just not much for helping out with all the other stuff I normally do around the house...and she wants that back, and I don't blame her. I want that back too.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Hope you feel back to normal real soon.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Lynsey said...

All you can do is rest. I know that for some reason, we feel guilty when we're sick and should be up doing things, but we simply don't recover unless we rest. God bless, and here's a *kiss* on your forehead to check for fever. Hope you don't have one. Get well soon my friend.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

You always go back to work too soon.... the stress of being at work stops your body from getting better....

nag nag nag

hug hug hug

hope you are back to being you real soon

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home