Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My technologically astute parents

My dad's birthday is in a month (more or less). He'll be turning 78 years old. Dad's a golf fanatic, and I found a set of DVDs he's really enjoy, so I was about to click the button and order them when the thought hit me....

Does dad even have a DVD player? I would think so, but ya know....he just might not. He messes around on a computer quite a bit (hell, that sucker might have one built in and he may not even know it), and I know he has a humongous flat screen TV, because my brothers and I chipped in and bought it for their anniversary a few years ago, but that doesn't mean he has a DVD player.

So I called dear old dad.

Dad, do you have a DVD player?

A what?

A DVD player...ya know...discs that can hold movies, like from Blockbuster, that you can watch on your TV?

I don't know. I have this box that has a big slot on one side, like for a video tape, and something smaller on the other side. I think that's what you're talking about.

"Something smaller" Yeah pop, thanks for the help. Maybe I'll call my brother and ask him what Dad has.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

When I got my DVD/VHS player. My mom used to call DVD's donuts. She would ask, "Sherrie, which slot does the donut go into?"

:)

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home