Friday, June 13, 2008

you say tomato

Last night was golf night, where I showed some improvement from last week. I'm not taking any bows though. In a world where the only direction you have is up, it can't be too surprising when you move that way. That's not entirely true. I played with someone last night who truly is worse than me, which gave me a new perspective on 'bad golf', but that's not why we're here.

On golf nights, I'm pretty much left to fend for myself in the dinner department. Sometimes there's a plate of what everyone else had waiting for me, but not often. Most nights I pick something up on the way home. Last night I had a taste for a burger...a fast food burger...something I don't want often and actually eat less. My fast food burger of choice, when I give in to that temptation, is the Burger King Double Whopper...no cheese. I pulled into my local BK lounge and noticed they have something new, and probably temporary on the menu...an Indiana Jones Double Whopper. It has bacon and pepper jack cheese and...damn that looked good on the poster, so I ordered one. I also noticed the sign on the door that announced the 'no tomato' rule that's being enforced all across the country because of the salmonella scare.

I got my food home and started to eat, and it was then that I realized how much I miss and love tomatoes. The burger was seriously missing part of the taste I craved...part of the reason I pulled into the BK lounge in the first place. I hearkened back to Tuesday, when I allowed myself the luxury of a tuna sub from Subway ($5 foot longs) and again noticed the absence of one of my favorite fruits. I mean, I saw the news and I kinda shrugged, but didn't realize I'd go through something akin to tomato withdrawal.

How long is this thing gonna last? I want my tomatoes back, dammit!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

I can't eat much without tomatoes either, I like them in salads, grilled cheeses, burgers of course, turkey sandwiches,...they make the meal! I hope they clear this whole mess up soon so that we can have them back.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home