Monday, June 09, 2008

the circus has already come to town

The first really big step into the ridiculous has come in the Presidential race.

I wouldn't know this, except the wife and mom-in-law are big fans of the Lifetime network. On the Lifetime network there is a show called Army Wives. I don't know what it's all about, but I can guess. Plots would involve family separation, spousal abuse and juicy bits of infidelity and what not. I mean...it is on Lifetime, after all. I suppose I'm being a little unfairly critical, since I've never actually seen more than 2 minutes of the show, but I'll still bet I'm right.

That's not the point though. The point is John McCain did a commercial promoting the show, and expressed his support for Army Wives. Not to be outdone, Barak Obama did the same.

Please, someone pinch me and wake me up. Have we sunk so low that we're expressing our political view through hawking some fictional television show? Gotta show that I support the military, so let's do a commercial for a show called Army Wives. Where the hell did that come from? What's next? Gotta show I'm tough on crime, so let's see if we can pitch Law and Order. Need to show I have a lighter side. Get on Leno and Letterman, and see if we can promote The Simpsons.

So it's come to this...and people wonder why I want Washington responsible for as little as possible.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

LOL! Nice post! bTW, I love Army Wives and you hit the nail on the head and were dead on with the plot. But, I do love it.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home