Monday, November 24, 2008

I'd love to put a positive spin on it all, but...

I don't know how.

The Jaguars season is a total mess. I talked to my brother in Philadelphia last night, who is an Eagles fan. I guess the one nice thing I can say is I'm not alone in my misery. His team isn't doing any better.

I went and witnessed the debacle yesterday. I sat down and watched us take the opening kickoff to the 30. Then I watched the defining moment of our season, as our center snapped the ball into his own ass, with the quarterback standing back in the shotgun. Apparently someone expected him to be under center. Fumble....touchdown Vikings. Then I watched them kickoff a second time. Fumble on the return. Touchdown Vikings. Third time's a charm though, as we actually ran our first offensive play, down 14 points with over 13 minutes left in the first quarter.

I'll give the boys credit. they fought their way back and by halftime, it wasn't looking all that bleak. We were down a touchdown, but we were moving the ball and the defense looked OK. I had hope. That dissolved quickly in the second half, as we just melted down....to Gus Frerotte and the Vikings, for God's sake. Does it get any worse?

I have tickets to one more game this year, in December on a Thursday night against the Colts. I have yet to sit in the stands and see us actually win a game this year, and that's in four attempts so far...five with that Colts game. I've seen at least four games every year this team has been in existence, splitting season tickets with someone else each year. Every year, I've been there for at least one victory. Even in year one, the expansion year, I saw us win at home, with my butt in a seat. I've never gone a whole year without seeing us win a single game in person. This is shaping up to be my year.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home