Monday, November 10, 2008

ram painting

Once again I have to call on the vast resources of the Lumberyard community.

I was doing the normal routine Saturday morning, pedaling through the countryside (and yes, some of it is still countryside), when I came across a sign on the side of the road. In big block letters, it said, "Ram Painting" and there was a phone number. In cursive in the left corner it said, "Interior and Exterior" and in the upper right corner it said "Quality Work".

So, my mind stared wandering, as it often does when pedaling down the road....what the hell is Ram Painting?

My thoughts drifted back to my Navy days, visiting countries in northern Africa, where shepards would run their flocks through the center of town, and their method of "branding", for lack of a better term, was spray paint. You'd see brightly colored blue, green and pink sheep being herded through the center of town. The area I was pedaling though was visibly home to sheep, but they all seemed to be the standard white, and that "interior and exterior" part didn't seem like animal painting was really an option. (unless you're going with the old Graucho Marx quote, "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." But if you put a lamp in there, splash a little color on the walls....)

I thought of the Dodge Truck, but why would anyone limit themselves to auto body work on one make and model, and again, the interior painting thing threw me just a bit.

So I'm left without any decent answer. I suppose I could write down the number, call and ask, but I don't want to sound that interested. Whatever Ram Painting is, I'm pretty sure I'm not in the market. Ram Painting. Anybody?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger JessieE said...

my guess is it's just "Ram Painting" like "Ed's Painting" or "Joe's Painting." But hey, that's just me. I realize this is not exciting.

3:54 PM  
Blogger John said...

OK, you're right. It's not all that exciting, but I have to admit
a) you've bailed me out on things like this before, and
2) you've been right before, and
III)any other explanation seems to get a little too weird

5:06 PM  
Blogger Lynsey said...

No clue. Sorry I can't be of any help.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home