Wednesday, January 09, 2008

the comeback kids

Nothing against Hillary or John McCain...at least in this instance. I have a lot of respect for McCain (which, when it comes to me and politicians, in general, is saying something, but most of that stems from his life before politics) and a lot of ..well...dislike would be a polite way to put it...for Hillary, but none of that matters in this context.

Both of them framed their victories in New Hampshire as comebacks, and it just made me laugh. Excuse me. It's New freaking Hampshire - the first real primary out of the box, and you guys won. To have a comeback, you have to be down first and come back from..well...something. What the hell do either of you have to come back from? The perception that you might not win? Is that it? We're at the starting line of a long and painful season of spin and we already have comebacks. I know I'm gonna hate the answer but, where can we possibly go from here?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home