Friday, July 25, 2008

it's a small small small small world

Well, maybe not that small.

Last night the wife and I continued our non-extravagant tour through the local eating establishments...Applebees.

As soon as we sat down, another couple (friends of ours) from the neighborhood walked in, so they joined us. It was pretty coincidental. We hadn't seen them in a few months, so we caught up a bit over dinner. It was trivia night at the local Applebees, so the four of us gave it a try. We got a little over half of them right, but obviously weren't going to win anything...which was a bit humbling for me. I used to be pretty damn good at trivia, but I was dying a slow trivial death last night. We left before it was over. I mean heck...it was already after 9:00....a huge night out for the Lumberyard folks, and they were just starting round three (each round had three or four questions) and we didn't know if a round four was coming after that, and we had no hope of winning the amazing $50 Applebees gift certificate that went to the winner...so we forfeited.

What southwest state used the tourism slogan, "It's like a whole other country."?

Me? I thought maybe New Mexico....because it's like Mexico, only...New. Maybe Mexico is supposed to be the whole other country it's like. I mean, here in Florida we have Miami, and it's like a whole other country....Cuba. So much for Lumberyard logic.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

9:00 eh? That is late! You must be exhausted! :)
I shouldn't talk....I'm usually in a deep slumber by 10:00 every night.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home