Wednesday, January 28, 2009

skin cancer update

The results are in, more or less.

The dermatologist at the clinic named after a condiment and I have been playing phone tag. He calls between patients every couple of days when I'm in meetings, and I call back several times a day while he's with patients.

After a few days of this pattern, I decided a new course of action is necessary. I keep talking to the same person, so finally I said, "He wants to talk to me about scheduling something to take care of this spot on my ear. Whatever it is he wants to do, we're doing, because I don't want it to turn into something serious and maybe die. Since we know that, I don't have to talk to him. Can we just schedule whatever it is he wants to do?"

Well, it took a few more back and forth calls to find out what it is he wants to do. I still don't know what that is, but I found out enough to know it doesn't involve surgery, and can be done in an office visit. Good enough for me. So, next Tuesday, we're doing that thing, whatever it might be, at 4:00 in the afternoon, which will take care of the whole threat. Problem solved.....or at least, it will be soon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

I hope it goes okay!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Painter Lady said...

Good Luck on that, J.

1:40 PM  
Blogger John said...

I'm sure it'll be a piece of cake. The lesson in all that is...find it early and get it taken care of before it has a chance to be a big problem.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home