Friday, January 11, 2008

Bring it on

They have the pro bowlers and the all pros and the awe of a nation.
We have the guy who finished training camp as the backup quarterback, names nobody knows and the curiosity of a nation.

They have Brady, who dates supermodels.
We have Garrard, who's married with children.

They have the receiving corps teams dream of, with Moss, Welker, Gaffney, etc.
We have a receiving corps much maligned by the press and the fans (yes, even me)

They haven't lost a game all year.
We lost...to the New Orleans Saints and Houston Texans, among others.

They've been here before...more times than I want to count.
Most of our team saw their first playoff win last week.

They have the home field.
Our guys are boarding the plane today.

They have the spread...13 and a half points as last check.
We are the crackers.

They cheat.
We haven't been caught.

America expects them to win.
America is looking for a reason to give us a chance.

And while America looks, I've found the reason....right in here. No I can't say I expect the Jaguars to win tomorrow night. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we lost. But I believe in the chance. I believe in my team. I believe in the ability to overcome odds that seem insurmountable. I know all the numbers say we can't win, but I've never been good with numbers, and have the ability to ignore what they say. I believe my boys that nobody knows have the ability to go to Foxboro and win, and so do they. We share that reason..right in here. Now, bring it on.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

I'll be wearing my old ECU sweatshirt or tee and cheering along with you. Go Jags!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home