Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The road to health is full of New Year's resolutions

I guess the street sweepers come in about half past February and clean them up.

Last week I blew off the gym. I went cycling New Year's Day, so I didn't go then, and after that it got cold, so I wimped and curled up at home. The point is, I didn't hit the gym, so I don't know how crowded it may have been. I went Sunday night and pretty much had the place to myself. Weekends are like that usually. Then I went last night. Holy carp!

The newly resolute were out in force. You could barely fit a workout in edgewise, and you had to be patient. I didn't start my new health binge until the end of January last year, so I didn't see this phenomenon. I was told most of them go away in about a week or two, and I thought...how sad. Is that all it takes to dissuade people? One or two weeks of "damn, this is hard"? As much as it makes things more crowded, I would love to see most of these new people stick around and make a real go of it. In the end, it has to make them feel better than watching CSI reruns while the writers strike plods on. It'll definitely help them live longer, happier lives.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home