Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sometimes I wish they'd take their name to heart

....and just move on....dot org.

"MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues." (a quote from their website). Non-partisan my ass! That's why you're doing Obama ads...because you're...ahem...non-partisan. But hey, that's not the first lie. It's just one of many, but there's no law that says websites have to be honest.

I won't begrudge them their right to say whatever they feel the need to say, or paying for air time to say it. Sometimes though, it just makes me shake my head.

So, my brain "on hope" is a baby chick. No, perhaps your brain on hope is a baby chick, which might explain a lot. Pardon me if I expect just a tad more from my brain. I hope, but if I expect anything to come from that hope, I expect to work, too. Holding a chick ain't gonna cut it, and neither is expecting anyone else to do the work for me. I suppose, if that's where you are, and you hope Obama, or anyone else, is going to make your life all better, you'd better hold on to that chick. In time, it might get you a chicken dinner.

The commercial (you can see it on the link) features people who supposedly lost hope in the last 8 years, because George Bush was in the White House. Oh, please. During the 8 years before that, when the most memorable thing that happened was Bill staining a dress with his DNA, I never lost hope. That's because my hope was never based on what he was doing...or not doing. It's always been based on what I do, given my current situation. It's based on my belief in myself, not what a bunch of ass kissing ex-lawyers in Washington do. Again, if Obama (or McCain, for that matter) is where your hope is....hang on to that chick. It's the only concrete thing you've got.

but then we have the current Irish take on it all....

"We in Ireland can't figure out why you people are even bothering to hold
a presidential election in the US this year.

On one side, you have a pants wearing bitch who is a lawyer, married to a lawyer who can't keep his pants on, running against a lawyer who goes to the wrong church, married to a bitch who is a lawyer and doesn't even like the country her husband wants to run.

On the other side, you have a war hero with a nice Irish sounding name, married to an attractive woman who owns a beer distributorship.

What are you lads thinking over there?"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home