Monday, July 28, 2008

the very slow weekend

Friday night we were being good friends, picking someone up from the airport (about a 45 minute drive). The guy I used to bike ride with, before the Navy sent him over seas, is in Sicily. His wife went to see him for about a week...free trip over via Navy space available, but had to fly commercial to get home in time to get back to work....so we got her home from the airport.

Saturday morning I got up to ride. The youngster balked and I wasn't arguing, so I decided to go 50 miles....and did. The thing was, the trip was being unusually hard. No, it's never exactly a piece of cake, but for some reason this trip was being overly exhausting. Toward the end, I had about 48 miles in when I got back to the neighborhood, so I did a lap and cruised up and down a few streets, and stopped to talk to a friend. While we were talking, I got a little dizzy. That wasn't normal...at all, and a bit scary even. I got home and sat down for a while. I got through a shower and did the grocery shopping.....and crashed. I felt like I was running a low grade fever, but never really checked. After dinner, I took some Motrin and went to bed....and didn't get up until 9:30 Sunday morning. I took it easy Sunday. grilling burgers was about the most strenuous thing I tried, but to be honest, by Sunday night I felt a lot better.

Today, even though I pretty much wasted the weekend, I feel fine. I know I'll get an argument if I try to go to the gym tomorrow night, but I think I'm pretty much over whatever it was....and livin' to charge through another day!

Happy Monday!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home